Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th...

Okay, so 5 years ago, September 11th was a huge deal for all of us. Yesterday at church, I came to realize how much more terrifying it was for the people living here. A few friends at church heard and felt the crash at the Pentagon, a few people in the stake were killed there. The people who live here had to be evacuated from their workplaces, (Capitol Building, White House, CIA, etc.) the places I watched and heard about on TV were their everyday life. It has given me a new respect for just how many Americans were affected by this. Not that us on the West Coast weren't affected, because WE WERE! But, talking to some friends who lived 2 blocks from the Pentagon on September 11th, I can't imaging the terror they lived through. They haven't even been able to tell their 7 year old anything about it! They finally decided that they needed to last night, because now that he's in 2nd grade, they figure he'd hear something at school today. It just gave me a new respect for the survivors and those who didn't survive on September 11th. I hope that when my kids are old enough, I will be able to convey what happened that day so that they can fully understand the magnitude of all that happened! Anyways...I know I'll always remember that day and the feelings of terror I felt...hopefully I'll never feel that way again!

0 comments: