Friday, March 07, 2008

Ah...the joy of girls...

Last Sunday, everyone was sick. Jake caught the death cold, Troy and I were starting to come down with it, and Kristin and Haley still weren't quite over it. I got a sub for primary, and we hung out...all day...in our pj's! I sat in my bed and read a book most of the day. I looked up, to see Kristin playing in the sink in the bathroom. Instead of being irritated about wasting water, I just let her play for a bit. It only lasted for a bit though, eventually, she got kicked out of the bathroom for making too big of a mess! She woke up Sunday morning, wanting to wear her BYU shirt and a skirt, so she could 'twirl'. This ensemble (fancy word for outfit...sorry, too many Fancy Nancy books lately) was all her own!
Eventually, Haley came in, and Kristin was nice enough to put a bow in her hair. SO CUTE! I love this picture...
Yesterday, I took the girls shopping (Jake was in preschool) for Easter dresses. I told Kristin I was looking for some white dresses, so that I could take photos of the kids on the beach this weekend. Kristin informed me that she was a "GOOOOOOD Looker!" I laughed, thinking she was talking about how cute she was. Until, I realized, she was excited to help me find the perfect white dresses. She really loves shopping. She wanted to go to the mall. I'm just not a mall shopper. Too much energy to hit the mall, especially with kids. I told her maybe, hoping to ward off a fit, but it was inevitable. When we headed home, she threw a fit, cause she wanted to go to the mall, the place with the red star on it (Macy's). I promised her my mom would take her on a mall trip in the next few weeks. She still threw a good 30 minute fit. Which, I ignored, but she sure doesn't get the clue that throwing a fit doesn't work...what is it with girls?

1 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

I LOVE THAT FIRST PICTURE!!!