Wednesday, March 19, 2008

My docs...


The pediatrician's office contacted me to see if I would take their photos. They wanted a group shot for a new brochure. One of the doctors: Dr. Good was leaving (out of the country) sniff-sniff (loved him, will miss him) and they had hired 2 new docs. They were going to create a new brochure to send to all the patients letting them know of the change. So, they needed a photo. I didn't give them a special discount. I know, I'm mean, I figure I pay them so much in co-pays they don't need a discount. AND, they're doctors! So, I took my studio to them. It was the first time I had taken my studio somewhere. It was a HUGE pain. I fit it all in a little room. I had to stand on the exam table to take the photo. My light was behind the door. It was crazy. I got everything set up, and was about 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Well, I sat and waited for an hour for all the docs to be done with patients and come together. SO glad I brought a book! I took 6 pictures. They didn't want individual photos, just a group one. I only had to edit 3 photos. CRAZY. For the engagement photos I took last weekend, I took 250 and edited 50. Just an example in the differences...So, they were done, they gave me a check, and I was out of there. SWEET! How's that for irony? That's kind of what happens when I go pay for an office visit. I pay a big amount of money, sit and wait, they spend 5 minutes with me, and are gone. So, it was a nice change. :) I have to say, I love the docs here. They all talk together about the patients, so they all tend to know what's going on. Which is nice, when I'm there every week (literally) and I don't have to explain everything a million times. Oh, fyi: the name of the peds office is: Families First Pediatrics. They are on 106th and 1300 W. Dallen Ormond (a Nurse Practitioner) is our favorite (bottom right). I don't mind seeing any of them. They're all great, friendly, and willing to help. I even run into one of the ladies in the grocery store quite frequently (Kami, bottom center) and bombard her with questions. She knows my first name and calls me by it. Kinda cool...kinda pathetic.

Haley just woke up screaming. She never wakes up during the night. That's a sign she may have an ear infection...looks like I'll be back sooner than I thought. Won't make the goal this week...my goal is to make it through one week without paying a co-pay. Sigh...

3 comments:

Piano Mom said...

I think I would have charged them extra for the wait time :). But it's a great picture!

Unknown said...

You are a mom who does it all!! I am so impressed with you!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

They turned out great! You must be realizing by now that you can do anything - any shoot that comes your way, you just seem to figure it out and do a great job too!