Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Beach

This is going to be an overload of photos. I can't decide which ones I like best. I like the vintage look best though, especially for the beach photos.
We went to Newport Beach on Sunday afternoon. I have been DYING to do a beach photo shoot, and thought this would be my perfect opportunity. It definitely didn't work according to plan. I bought all the kids new outfits (they will double as Easter outfits). I had the kids wear their bathing suits under their "picture clothes" so that when we were done, they could go play, and we wouldn't have to worry about where they would change. They of course, were complaining that I was taking pictures, and I assured them that I wanted candid shots, and that they could just play. Well, after literally 60 seconds of taking photos, I turned around, and Jake's clothes were off, he was on his way into the water. So much for that. So, the other kids followed suit, and I just ended up taking the majority of photos of Haley. I wanted them to have fun. It was hard, because we were there in the middle of the day, and the sun was glaring...next time I will plan better and we will go at sunset. So, these are the ones I got. I have to say, I definitely love a lot of them. I didn't think I would, but maybe it's just because it reminds me how much my kids LOVE the beach. The reason we went to CA in the first place, was because my mom was doing a conference in Anaheim. My dad (in a round-a-bout way) works for Chevron, and since they sponsor the Autopia attraction, we got free tickets into Disneyland. Jason was there helping at the conference to sell my mom's books. This was Haley's first time on the beach as a mobile person. She loved it! She didn't even care that when she went to suck her thumb, it had sand all over it! I am yearning for a week at the beach. No Disneyland, just a place right on the beach, to just hang out, read books, and play all day...any takers? We could split the cost of a beach house... Okay, let's be honest. It REALLY made me want to jump a plane to Hawaii. That is our (Troy and my) favorite vacation. Specifically, Kauai. Ahhhhh....to dream...I highly suggest vacationing on that island...it's literally heaven! I am hoping to go next January...get out of the snow...we'll see though...enough about Hawaii...here are more photos...
We got to spend Sunday with my brother, Jason. He lives in San Diego and goes to SDSU. He lives on the beach, so it was no big deal for him. My kids love playing with Jason. Sometimes I'm not so sure Jason has as much fun, but the kids sure love him.

Haley's favorite thing lately is that she loves being thrown around. Well, you know thrown up in the air, Troy's dad does all these twirly tricks with her. A few weeks ago, Troy's dad was throwing her around, and then he would set her down, and she would crawl back to him and beg for more. I always get worried her brain is just being tossed around on the inside of her skull, so I don't like for that to happen too often. In this picture, you can see how happy she is to be thrown up in the air...funny girl...
All I know, is the California girl in me felt right at home, and misses the gorgeous weather!As we were packing up to leave, I turned around to see Haley crawling toward the water. She must be a California girl at heart.

10 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Sooo fun. I love the pictures! Every single one of them. What darling kids, darling clothes, darling faces. I'm so jealous you have such great pictures of your kids. I need to get cracking.

What a fun vacation.

Glad to here Hayley's results came back normal. Poor girl.

Piano Mom said...

You got some great pictures while at the beach. I can't wait for my turn to go down and spend the day sitting in the sun! I'm with you...a week at a beach house sounds utterly divine!

Pricilla said...

How fun, I love beach pictures. Glad you had such a great time.

Unknown said...

Those are great! My favorite is the the one of skinny scrawny Jake with his bare arms and chest! He is such a naughty little crack up!! If we could find a good deal on air fair to Hawaii, we'd be up to meeting you there in January!!

laura said...

Oh, LOVE those pictures. So beautiful. I love the vinatge look too.
Kauai- you just got me excited. We are leaving on May 29th to Kauai. I've been before, but forgot what I loved to do. What was your favorite thing. We're bringing the whole family. Suggestions????
And last, I need to call you. I desperately need a game. Email me your number.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

The last one of Haley crawling towards the water is the greatest. They turned out cute and you didn't think they would!!! Where did you get their clothes? I think we are going to the beach middle of next week now that Travis is done with his huge work projects. YEAH! Beach shoot!

Jen said...

I bought everything at Old Navy! They have the cutest white dresses for girls there right now. None of them are modest, but it was fixable!

Bethany said...

I LOVE the pictures. The colors are awesome! I love beach pictures. Funny that you should mention Hawaii and especially Kuaui because Matthew and I were talking about our trip that we are going to take after graduation. I said that I needed to talk to you and get the low down because I seem to remember you saying something about going Kuaui.

Unknown said...

You DID get some great pictures! And their little outfits are so perfect. Glad you had a great time!

Kassey said...

I love these pic and I want some for my kids. So sometime we shoule all go to the beach!!! That could take a bit of planning but it would totally be worth, especially if I get cute beach pic!!