Thursday, March 06, 2008

So proud...

I am so proud of Troy! He recently got a promotion at work! His title is now an "Engineer". Even though, he doesn't technically have the degree for it. His work is requiring him to take a Calculus and Chemistry class. I don't really understand why, but whatever it takes. They will let him take classes during the day, if he needs to leave work, and they will pay for the classes. The problem is, you can't just enroll in Calculus. You have to take a math placement test. So, he has gone to the library and is studying up before he takes his placement test. It's a good thing math is his 'thing'. It is definitely not mine. He just has to finish his classes within a year. So, in a few months, he will start working a normal M-F shift! I can't tell you how happy I am about that! I signed the boys up for baseball a few weeks ago, and dreaded the upcoming season. Now, I think I'll be able to handle it! Ever since we moved to Oregon, which was when Kyle was 4 months old, he has worked a compressed work week (working 12 hour shifts, and 3 or 4 days a week) and working every Saturday. I got used to it, and it just became how life was, but since the boys have been playing more and more sports, I want him back! I also am ready for him to be home by 5:30 every night instead of 7. (In Oregon, he wasn't ever home until 8!) OH, and NO MORE GRAVEYARD SHIFTS! It really is not even comprehendable to me right now. I really just can't imagine him being home every evening and off on Saturdays! Yea! I can't wait! So, I was looking for a picture of Troy to put on here. I found one I took of him when we made chocolate suckers at Christmas time. He made this sucker, that he thought was the most perfect one in the world...I love you Troy! I'm proud of you!

4 comments:

Korth Klan said...

Your Daddy is proud of you too. He'd like to think a chip off the old block but you're way ahead. Good work!!!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

YEAH TROY!!! You've always been ahead of the game.

The Hammonds said...

Troy, I'm glad you like chemistry and calculus. I have no patience for it. When things get back to normal, we'll have to hang out again and play cards or watch "The Office."

Bethany said...

Congrats Troy! That is awesome!!!