Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Gardens

Today me and my girls went to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens with Heidi and her kids. I had planned on doing a bridal shoot there this evening (until the weather turned nasty) and wanted Heidi to show me around - since she's a fancy 'member'. My first experience with the Gardens was during my first official 5K. Trust me, I was not looking at scenery much. Just trying to survive! Anyways, this place is a photographers DREAM! My grandma Harding would be in HEAVEN! I told my mom she has to bring her. The crappy part: to be able to take professional photos (technically, in the contract, any photographs) here, it costs $100 a session. That's just for me and 2 others to get in. If there were any more, they'd have to pay full admission. They don't even have a yearly pass available. INSANE! SO, I snuck in my camera in my purse (yes, my purse is huge - I'm a mom...) and we went and hid out in the "Secret Garden", I think my FAVORITE place there. I could have stayed for hours taking pictures of my girls. Jake was in St. George with my parents, so I just had my girls. I tried to take some photos of Heidi's kids too. Ethan was too happy to pose, Rachel wanted to do her own thing, and the baby was having none of it. Since we had to be 'shady' with my camera, I didn't get too many. (Heidi, you need to look and see what ones you like for me to edit). I basically got 2 great ones of each of my girls, but only had time to edit 3. I am learning and trying new things in photoshop, so notice my fancy edges. ANYWAYS, I found out Red Butte Gardens has an annual photographer pass, but it is only good for me and 1 other person, everyone else has to pay admission. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to get it. I've never been to RBG, but if it's anything like Thanksgiving Point, it may be worth it. It would just be nice to KNOW I had a gorgeous place to take brides, families, etc...Tell me what you think, would you be willing to pay admission into Red Butte Gardens for your family to have pictures taken there? With the amount of brides lined up for the summer, it may be worth it just for bridals...hmmmm....and if Erin comes and will take my own family photos in the fall?...hmmmm.....Oh well, rambling...here are my favorite 3 of the day of my girls...


5 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Looks like that place is so worth the money! Wish we had that here in Vegas. I would totally pay for it. WAY CUTE!!!

Unknown said...

So cute! I want some of those hats for my girls....they are so adorable!!!

Piano Mom said...

Thanksgiving Point gardens are fabulous...and the pictures of your children are wonderful. I think I'd atleast consider doing bridal portraits there...I don't think the bride could ever be disappointed at the final result.

Kari said...

You should check out Memory Grove. I did my bridals there and I always get so many comments on them. Lots of gorgeous spots there. Just FYI. Your pictures are beautiful!

Unknown said...

AMAZING Jen! I bought a hate like that for Kylie but I need more bows. If you have a party let me know. In a couple of weeks I need some more pictures taken of the little one.