Sunday, June 22, 2008

Jake

I haven't posted much about the fam lately, and I snapped a few pictures of Jake the other day...so Jake...this is for you:
Jake is sometimes referred as: our problem child. He likes to push the limits. As far as they can go. I pray every night that at some point he'll STOP being like my brother Michael. :) He's a super sweet kid at the same time. Love's to snuggle and give hugs. Love's just a little extra attention. I guess that's a typical middle child, right? I don't know. He's usually a perfect angel when one on one with Troy or me, or either of my parents. (I don't think anyone else has dared take him one on one - but I assure you, he's GREAT in that atmosphere!)
He loves Haley and LOVES to pester Kristin. Which, as you can imagine, make most of my days a dream come true. He played soccer and baseball this year. He improved GREATLY in soccer, and his last game scored 3 goals! Our boys have a problem being motivated the whole game to try to score goals. So, I told Jake he would get $1 for everytime he scored-he only plays 3 on 3, and Kyle got $5 if he scored - he plays 11 on 11 and it's a full field. (Kyle never scored - but at least he played his heart out to the end trying...it didn't start out that way). The boys last game started at the same time, so Troy went to one, I went to the other. Jake requested me to go to his game. The greatest part about watching Jake play soccer, is the dance he does after he scores. It's hilarious! He's got these herky jerky movements that get the whole crowd giggling.
Jake starts Kindergarten! I can't believe it! Because we are on a year round schedule, he starts Kindergarten on July 28th. He will go to afternoon Kindergarten. Kristin will go to morning preschool starting in August. Hopefully, that will help with the pestering to seperate them. One can hope. Jake has a great sense of humor, and a huge vocabulary. He has a little speech problem which at times makes it difficult to understand his large vocabulary. Jake has these cute freckles on his nose, which I love.
Jake doesn't eat much. He chooses two days a week, and will eat everything on his plate...the other days, he just picks at his food and never eats much.
Previously this year, Jake got kicked out of Troy and my primary class because he was so naughty. His new teacher tells me that he is an "angel". I would have to agree at times he is an angel. We love Jake and all that he brings to our family. It would not be complete without him.
From the mouth of Jake: Troy was listening to the radio and Jake asked who sang that particular song. Troy said, I think it's Chicago. Jake said, "Who in Chicago is singing the song?" Troy had to explain that Chicago was the name of a group. I think Jake's still confused...

2 comments:

Cherice said...

I took Jake shopping with me a couple of times while you were in Korea. I had my two girls and just him. He was great. He is a pretty incredible kid. We love Jake, and those eyes and freckles will just melt ya.

Korth Klan said...

Grandpa Korth loves Jake. When we took Jake, Daxton, and Kyle to Bear Lake with us he was the best of the three. They were all good but Jake was the best. He really likes riding the four wheeler. He has an engaging style of relating to people. Last nite when we were there he put a pipe on a grow box and said this is a water device. I said a kid your age doesn't know device yet. He is special.