Monday, December 29, 2008

Catching up...

It seems I'm always trying to catch up! We have had a great Christmas Season! (Well, except for me wrecking the car, in which it cost $700 to fix...aghhhh!) The snow here has been OUTRAGEOUS! I'm pretty sure we have at least 2 feet of snow on our front lawn. ALL of my brothers (and Maria) have been in town, and it has been a blast! I don't really have many pictures of what we did, but it was mostly hanging out at my parents house. I guess I'll start where I left off...

I have an Advent Calendar that I made last year. And, I made a new one this year...anyways, it has fun activities that we do each day of December. A lot of them were simple, like watch a movie, deliver neighbor gifts, drive around and look at Christmas Lights...etc...One of them was decorating gingerbread men. Now, you know I'm too crappy of a mom to actually BAKE them, but they had this GREAT kit at Target for $5 I couldn't pass up. 12 gingerbread men, 4 packets of frosting...and the candy decorations...my kind of activity. Here are the kids decorating...

Stay tuned...

1 comments:

Piano Mom said...

You are a great mom! I may have to copy your idea for the 'things-to-do' advent calendar. And I need help finishing my muffin tin thing...we didn't have time to work on it at my sister's!