Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Haley's 2 year update

Haley had her well check last week. Her stats are:
23 lbs. - 10th percentile
32 in. - 15th Percentile
and then her head was 80th percentile.
We are just very happy that she is on the charts. She still has issues with milk. I can't really pinpoint exactly what does it to her, I think it is milk, cheese, ice cream, but anything baked, or cooked, she does okay. I know when she's had something because she gets a bad case of diahrea that lasts about 1 day, in which she sheds TONS of the mucus protecting her intestines. Sorry, graphic, I know, but MANY people ask me how she's doing, and well, that's it...She is definitely potty trained, and is doing very well. She is talking more and more, in fact, earlier today, she tried to send Kristin to her room. Troy had to tell her that she was definitely not allowed to send Kristin to her room. She is SO spoiled (by her siblings, not me), and LOVES baby dolls. She loves all of her siblings, and all of them are really good to her. She's gotten independent. The past few times I've gone to my parents, she has demanded to stay and play. My parents let her anytime she wants to, and she loves it. Boy, I love that little girl. All summer she was deathly scared of flies. Seriously, they would terrify her. She is NOW deathly afraid of cats, dogs that come within 3 feet of her, and pretty much anything else. She loves going to nursery now, and never cries. That has been a blessing for Troy and I, since we have classes to teach on Sundays. My favorite thing that she says:: "hold you mommy, now?" I know, I know, it's hard to do my work with her on my lap, it slows down my typing ten fold, so I always tell her just a minute, and so when she says the above phrase, I always stop and hold her. Okay, onto her irriating habit...thumb sucking. I HATE it. My main reason is, I hate thumb suckers teeth. I know, braces can fix them, but seriously...there's got to be a way to stop this! So, at her 2 year check, I talked to the doc about it. He told me that whatever he did, she would resort to sucking her other thumb. I kind of disagree, she has NEVER sucked her right thumb. She has a HUGE sore and bump on her left thumb to prove it. So, to humor me, he created a brace for her thumb, that she can't suck. As soon as we got home, I put it on her just in time for nap. She laid in my bed and waited for me to come tuck her in...this is what I found...Poor little thing, tried to get it undone. She couldn't, I tied it too good. After she woke up, I was feeling REALLY bad. She couldn't even bend her thumb, and while she didn't suck her thumb during her nap, she doesn't normally suck it when she's asleep, she does it when she's awake, so I took it off, and I don't think I will put it back on, although I am willing to TRY anything...Let me know if you have any good ideas...That's our "Haze" or "Hazy". That's her nickname, and she even calls herself that. What a sweet, sweet, girl...

2 comments:

Piano Mom said...

Hello? Have you not seen my little one sucking her thumb at the age of 4? I have yet to have a conversation with the doctor about it, but her dentist told me not to worry about it. We figured long ago that she was going to have to wear braces so she might as well enjoy the thumb now. I do know of a place online that sells a nifty contraption that you velcro on over the thumb...it's around $60 and if you are really desperate...I've heard of dentists putting spikes on the roof of the mouth! (Of course, I'm sure that's a bit more than the outrageous $60.)

Katie said...

She is so sweet! I just love her!