Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy 11th Anniversary!

We celebrated our 11th Anniversary on November 8th. Naturally, there was a BYU game on this day. Lucky me, 2 years in a row. Last year the game was on a Thursday night, and because of leap year, it was on Saturday this year. Well, I decided to roll with it this time. I have been playing volleyball at church, and started talking to this girl in my ward/neighborhood. They are also huge BYU fans and have season tickets. She told me how she knows one of the coaches sons(also used to be a player) and that he could sometimes get them on the field before the game. So, I asked her if there was anyway, for Troy's anniversary present, we could go down on the field before the game. She asked, and it was all set up. Well, that morning, some family emergency came up, and the guy couldn't meet us. We went down to where we were going to meet, the kids talked with Cosmo, and Karen went up to the badge people, and just told them that he was late, and they gave us badges! WAHOO! We missed the whole warm-up, but we were down on the field while the band was playing, and then as the Cougar Football Team came running out! Kyle and Jake were giving high-fives. My favorite was watching Troy. He was in HEAVEN! Since it was the last game, they had painted the end-zones blue. I think they're usually white. So, we all still have a little blue on our shoes, and I'm pretty sure Troy would rather frame the shoes, than wear them. >It was the last home game of the season, and they announce the seniors. Coach Mendenhall was standing RIGHT in front of us, and as the announcer would call the senior's names, Mendenhall would give them a high five, and then Jake stood right behind him giving the players high-fives. I got a photo of Jake slapping Fui's hand. It's Troy's favorite picture. Then, we were 2 feet away while the team was doing the "Haka"(sp?). The boys - yes, all 3 - were on cloud nine! Then, it was game time. Everyone started ushering us out, yelling, "quick jog, people, quick jog" they had done the kick off, before we were off the field. It was so fun.

You know, how when you can select the PERFECT gift, how great it feels? Well, that's how awesome it was to see Troy, and hear him talk about it. I knew, I had definitely given him the greatest gift...and bonus...it was free! GO COUGARS!

2 comments:

Drae said...

What a great present! You're good for being such a good sport about the anniversaries taking place at LaVell Edwards stadium. I bet all 3 boys will remember it for the rest of their lives. Love the pictures. It reminds me of going to the BYU games when I was little. Don't know why. I never went down on the field before the game. Love it!

Nurse Heidi said...

So COOL! Ethan is drooling over the picture of the boys with Cosmo. Every time the ad comes on KBYU to join the Cosmo Kids Club, my kids beg me to do it.