Friday, December 12, 2008

Jake's Birthday

Jake turned 6 on November 13th. He invited some friends to go downtown to Discovery Gateway. Discovery Gateway, is a children's museum in downtown SLC. Two of his little friends got sick, so it was a small group - just what I wanted! Beware! There are a TON of pictures. The kids played for 2 hours, and I had nothing to do, but to take pictures of them! I happened to get some free passes when I went to UEA in October. The kids had SO much fun. Here is a picture of them on our way in...

Here they are on the little rock wall they have there
They played with this construction set for FOREVER! They all worked together. Not one fight or argument! The foam blocks were HUGE!

After the blocks, they put on a play...Then they played with the balls and magnetic tunnels... Then they headed outside to see and play on the helicopter... Then we got there early enough to sign them up for a little science class. They looked at animal footprints, and then made some with stamps on paper...Here are the little scientists... Here is a GREAT picture of Jake...After we played for a few hours, we headed to grab a $5 pizza, and went home for lunch, presents, and cake. Here is his cake. My friend, Natalie, makes cakes - if anybody needs a cake for any birthday, or holiday. She does an AMAZING job...wait until I post Haley's birthday...Jake was IN-LOVE at first sight with his cake. He wanted a "bike" party - and Natalie did FANTASTIC...like always.... I left the best for last. They had this huge water area, and all these metal things. You turned them, and watched where they sent the water...well, Jake was moving it, and a spoon whacked him right in the face. I was standing watching and shooting, and it was HILARIOUS...that's my boy...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Discovery Gateway! What great pictures you got. Happy Birthday Jake!

I was reading your previous post about Haley's thumb sucking. They have this nasty tasting stuff that you would put on her finger kind of like finger nail polish but not toxic. It worked for a few people I know. You can get it in the baby isle at Walgreen's. Good luck!

Emma Crowther said...

I can't believe how grown up the kids are. The boys look so grown up. I wish I could have seen you when you were here. I meant to find out where you'd be and before I knew it you had come and gone. Your pictures you took of people turned out really cute.

Penny said...

Will you come document our next birthday party??? I need you to come move back to VA so that I can have great pictures like these.
What a fun birthday. We've never got to Discovery Gateway. Next summer, it looks like we might need to try this out.

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Jake! Looks like a total blast and you are too handsome!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

I just got caught up on your blog! I hadn't read since "prison". :) Fantastic photos! Love Jake!

Kari said...

So fun! I was thinking about doing Garrett's bday there because we'll be in Utah. I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Great pictures too!

Trisha said...

You have darling little boys! And I love your pictures...they are so cute!