Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My favorite things about Christmas...

The tree...
...it's even better that Haley moved the stool to stand just in front of it, to check out the star. Yes, she had gone potty and those blasted panties are too difficult for her to get on by herself...I love this picture!

Christmas Cards...
...probably my FAVORITE part of Christmas. I love seeing the pictures of my friends families. My favorite cards are ones with family pictures in them. While I love to see my friends kids, I MOST want to see my friends! Beggars can't be choosers, so I will take them in any form! This is my pantry door. I tape them on - since this seems to be where we look the most!

Presents under the tree...
...Troy likes to see them mound up and up during the month. This year, we REALLY scaled back, and so we didn't have much under the tree - the standard underwear and socks.

Santa...
...all the things Santa brought bathed in the light of the Christmas Tree...Oh, so magical. At times, I'm pretty sure I STILL believe in Santa. I love the magic of it all. Such a great part of my childhood! Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Christmas Movies...between ABCFamily, and the Hallmark Channel, I have been set. I love it all. The bad acting, cheesy plots, EVERYTHING. I would record and watch 1 a day, when the kids went to sleep at night. I don't like watching them after December, so I've got to hurry and fit in the last few I've got to watch in the next 2 days...aughhhh....not much time left...

Gifts...I love making gifts, giving gifts, but most of all, I like finding the PERFECT gift for someone. This year, I made bound albums for my brothers and parents of our Korea trip. I think they all liked them...I was worried that they wouldn't! I also got Troy a pair of BYU PJ Pants (we always do a PJ party on Christmas Eve at Troy's parents house). I also made an advent calendar for a few of my closest friends. Heidi posted a picture of it here. I made 8, and it literally took me 2 weeks to complete.

Peppermint Ice Cream. My friend, Camille introduced me to this YEARS ago. I am hooked. I can't even buy the stuff, or I'll eat all of it. I allowed myself to purchase 1 carton of it, but no more. It was a sad day when it was gone. The best is Dreyer's. Not the light stuff, either...YUM...YUM...

4 comments:

Pricilla said...

Thanks for that, it is all of the same things I love, but this year I just couldn't get into it for some reason so it is fun to appreciate it through you beautiful pictures(love the one with Haley). Oh, and I really want one of those calendars so let me know if one of your friends doesn't appreciate it enough and I will take it off their hands(yeah, right).

Penny said...

Santa brought Katelyn the same Barbie Dream House. She hasn't really moved from it. Was it love at first sight at your house too???

Nurse Heidi said...

Oh I just about peed my pants when I scrolled down through that first picture!! Haley is going to kill you if that resurfaces when she's in the throes of puberty.

I still have your little present. Katie destroyed the first go around, so I'm halfway through redoing them. You'll get it soon enough.

I too love peppermint ice cream. We only went through one carton this year, but I savored every bit of it.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Did I tell you about my homemade peppermint ice cream that is my new secret indulgence? You WILL want the recipe.