Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 4

After eating breakfast, we got our bags ready in order to check out of our hotel in Seoul. At 3:00 we had a train to go to Gyeongju. We took a taxi to David's apartment, saw where his school was, saw his apartment, and left our bags there. While we were walking to the subway, David stopped at a Subway and got a sandwich. We walked in to smell all the good Subway smells. I told David he had been holding out on us! My dad found a Dr. Pepper, and was in heaven immediately. David had told us about this digital complex where they had more things than you can imagine. It's true. I don't know how to describe it. The bottom floor was ALL cameras, and accessories. I think there were like 10-15 floors? The second floor was all kitchen appliances, third floor, computers, it just went on and on! It was crazy. I bought Erin and myself each an 8 gb compact flash card for our cameras - for only $55 each. SWEET! I put it in my camera, and it will hold over 1000 pictures! I'm so excited about it!

We headed back to David's to retrieve our luggage and make it to the train station. Once there, we got lunch. We got Burger King. Then, we boarded our train. Man, the train is so much nicer than an airplane. The seats were comparable to a first class seat on an airplane, reclined all the way back, foot stools, SO much leg room. The seats were 2x2, and you could turn them around and face each other, so on each side of the train we did that. All 8 of us sat there, and talked and laughed the entire trip down. Let's just say, I learned some VERY interesting things about my brothers. We arrived in Gyeongju (pronounced - KeeOHngju) and took 2 taxis to the hotel. I seriously feared for my life this time in the taxi. The 2 taxis were racing, and it seriously was scary. That's how it works here. At least it was fast?

We checked into the Hilton here, and they told us we got 6 complimentary dinner buffets (2 per room) that had to be used that night. We took our things up to our room, and headed down to the buffet. It was MARVELOUS! Seriously, the best dinner we had so far. The crazy thing, since we had 8 people, we had to pay for 2 meals, and they ended up being $40 a person! We all split the cost, and for this yummy buffet, it cost $10 pp. The buffet had spaghetti, sweet and sour pork, beef tips, sushi, crab, EVERYTHING. It was seriously so good. I'm sure I'm just comparing it to the other nights of dinner. Which were okay, but for ME, were probably 200 calorie meals. I was so full, but I didn't want to stop eating, just cause I would be home before I got to eat good food again.

We were going to do Karaoke last night, but our hotel is on a lake here, kind of a little resort town, and the only Karaoke they had was at the top of the hotel. It was $150 for a little room, and came with booze. Once again, we decided to wait for another night to do that.

OH! I forgot to tell about the funniest part of the day. When we checked into our hotel, we found that our room, and my parents room, had these fancy electronic toilets with a bidet in them. Now, everyone said they were excited to try it out, and I said I wasn't going to try it out without first watching what it was going to do. You know me, I don't like surprises in the toilet area of my life. So, me and my parents hovered around this toilet, and watched. (I'm going to take a video of it before we leave) This little hose electronically comes down, and it shot water clear across the room! We were laughing so hard! So, I knew my brothers hadn't seen it, and Jason hadn't showered that day (he's scared of David's shower), so I told him to stand back (directly where I knew he would get sprayed) and we pushed the button. Well, David turned the corner to see what we were doing, and got sprayed instead. We seriously laughed so hard, I almost died. Yep, we're still 12, playing in a toilet. I am giggling just typing this. So, we are here until Thursday (Wednesday in UT) until we take a train back. Apparently there's lots of hiking and tons of ruins to see. Apparently the Japanese didn't get these, so they should be authentic. You know how we worked out the morning of the first day we were here? No more of that. We are literally working out all day long. Up and down stairs, walking a ton. It's great!

0 comments: