Saturday, April 19, 2008

Lindsay Ann Bell


Yesterday Linds would have turned 30! How time has flown! Almost 12 years ago, right after high school graduation, she was killed in a car accident. Lindsay was wild and crazy, and loved everyone so much! We were lucky enough to be able to attend a birthday party for her thrown by her family. We met at the cemetary and released some balloons. Then we headed to a dinner where we talked about Linds, watched a video, shed some tears, and listened to some tapes of her singing. The videos really got to me. It was so great to see her happy and alive, and being her sassy (understatement) self. She lived life to have fun. On the way home Troy and I were talking about all the stories we remembered about her. I'm going to type a few of them here, just so I'll have them written somewhere.

Lindsay once pushed me in the fountain at the mall. It was in January, there was a blizzard outside, and I learned my lesson for walking around the edge of a fountain in the presence of Lindsay. She thought it was funny, and said as long as it was funny, I couldn't be mad.

Troy said that in Junior High, if you weren't Lindsay's friend, she thought that you must not like her. She really was friends with everyone. She was still a girl, and a trash talker, but she really was up for being friends with everyone!

The girl got out of so many speeding tickets, it was INSANE!

She had release period last hour. I don't think she went to work much during that time, like she was supposed to. I had child development. She would come and stand in the hallway and try to have total conversations with me. On numerous occasions, our teacher, Mrs. Harrison, would just invite her in. She would come join the class, and sit and chit chat.

DUH! Linds said this all the time. I can still hear her saying it, only as she could!

For a dance, Troy, Lindsay, Sam and I were taking a carriage ride around temple square. We pulled up to another carriage that had a young couple sitting in it. Lindsay stood up, and hollered, "are you asking her to marry you" the guy looked at us, and said, "uh, yeah". I wonder if that couple still remembers the crazy high school girl who interupted "the proposal".

She was determined that we (Kristin, Lindsay, and I) should go to Snow College. So, we went down for a house hunting trip with her dad. She was so excited. Kristin and I ended up there without her. I am determined it would have been a whole different freshman year had Lindsay been there with us.

I have many more, but some I will keep secret. Linds, I'm positive, still wants to keep some things secret.

At the cemetary, on the day she was buried, her dad walked up to me, gave me a hug, and handed me a picture of Lindsay and myself that Lindsay had had in her car with her. That picture still means so much to me. It means even more that Mike would think to have it with him to give me on such a day. Here is a copy of that picture. I remember that it was taken in the lunch room. I had a photography class my senior year, and we got as much film as we wanted and I was never without my camera. I am so grateful for that now!



Here is one of my scrapbook pages of Lindsay and me. Don't laugh, it's 11 years old. Not too shabby for an 11 year old look!


Here's a picture of her headstone and her parents that was taken last night. I've always loved her headstone!


Here's a picture of all of her friends that attended last night. From left to right: Matthew, Travis, Troy, Me, Sarah, Kristin, Annie

Here's a picture of Kristin and Annie. Love you guys!

Lindsay, we love you! I know we'll meet again...I hope there are fountains in heaven. I owe ya one!

7 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Nice post. I love the picture of you two together. I'm going to forward this one to my mom.

Kristin said...

that picture of you two is so cute. it was really good to see you...we need to do it more often!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Great post! I didn't know that is what you had going on this weekend. So cool that her family put that together.

jason-tu hermano said...

hey i vividly remember the day you got that news, i answered the phone when grandma called, i knew it was bad from her voice and can still see how much pain you were in, i was really young, kinda scared...i love you and will see you thursday

Unknown said...

I have some scrapbook pages just like the ones you did. Isn't it fun to see how far it has come?
What a great tribute!

Scott said...

I'm pretty sure Lindsay mooned me twice our Senior year. Seriously though, I'll never forget Lindsay and the great friend she was to so many people.

-Scotty Hammond

Bethany said...

That was really very sweet Jen. I couldn't even tell that picture was from High school. You sure have aged well my friend.