Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 6

This morning, we got up and got breakfast. Then we took a bus to a little folk village. It was quite a ways a way, and a bus dropped us off, and we had to walk about a mile to the village. In the village, there were little homes and buildings there that were hundreds of years old. It was a little odd, because some of these old historic homes, people were now living in. It was hard to tell what homes we were supposed to be looking at, and what ones were inhabited. On our long way back to the highway to catch a bus, I decided to run some of it. Troy ran with me. We didn't want to get too far ahead of everyone, so we didn't run very far, we stopped under an overpass for a train - in the shade - and waited for everyone to catch up. So, I did get a bit of a run in. We then took a bus into downtown, and ate at the same little restaurant we did the day before. I got the same thing as yesterday, and it was still good, although spicier than I remembered!

We were all exhausted after being in the hot sun, and our long trek, so we headed back to the hotel. Troy and I got our swimsuits on, and went to the pool, where we swam laps. You have to have very proper pool etiquette here. There's not just a pool to play in, you have to swim laps. So, we did just that, and got in some more exercise! Mike and Maria came down and joined us. We had a few little races - most in which Michael smoked us. I did win the back stroke one. I guess that's what happens when you grow up with a pool in your backyard. We had fun swimming for a bit. We changed, and went and got everyone else, and decided to go ride bikes around the lake.

The place we are staying in here is on Bomun Lake (technically it's a reservoir). It's a resort area. I think it must be off-season, because I swear we're the only guests. So, it's a really pretty area on a lake. We each rented a bike for 3000 won ($3) an hour. We went on a bike ride around the lake. It was so much fun! We've got to get Kyle riding his! We have a bike trailer at home, that I'm now itching to use! Once I get a new bike, of course! ;) Unfortunately, Jason got a flat tire, and had to ride his bike all the way back, with a flat. Poor kid.

We went to dinner, where Troy bought a 7000 won milk shake. Definitely wasn't worth that. The salads were a bit odd. We then went and walked around the little lake, stopped at a GS25 (gas station) for some treats, (dinner was EXPENSIVE and didn't fill anyone up) and then played charades in the room. FUN TIMES!

I was thinking that I did my own little triathlon today - in my own little way. Running/walking, swimming, and biking. It was tons of fun! I was thinking while riding my bike, just how much fun we have been having. It seriously, is just fun. We have been walking so much, that at times, I'm a bit tired, but other than that, it has been a really great trip. I am really anxious to see my kids, and head home. Less than 48 hours left in Korea. I am going to try to enjoy them, but I will definitely be excited when I get on that plane. Partially, because David's going to take me to a pharmacy to get me something to help me sleep. I seriously want to sleep the whole flight home! It's a 10 hour flight to San Francisco on the way home. I never take any type of drugs, so it won't be hard to find an over-the-counter med to knock me out. I wish I would have thought about it, and I would have brought some left over c-section meds.

0 comments: