Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hidden Valley Park in St. George

This last weekend, we went to St. George for a few days. It was so great! It was in the 70's, sunny, and warm! The Owens' went down with neighbors The Dukes' for contractor certifications that have to be done every other year. We were lucky to be invited on the festivities! It was so fun. There was no pressure, just hung out, swam, went to a movie, played at a park, and hiked in Snow Canyon. That's the very brief summary of it. We found this cool new park online, and decided to try it out. It was amazing! I have never seen so much playground equipment in one park. Not only is there great playground equipment, but there are tennis courts (wish we would have had raquets), sand volleyball, TONS of lush green grass (I even took my flip flops off to feel it on my feet) and a splash pad! There was a little playground for toddlers, that Haley loved as well! I taught her to climb up the stairs and go down the slide on her belly. She was in heaven. We had a plastic bat and some whiffle balls in the car, Troy played baseball with the boys for over an hour. We took the kids there to play during the day, went home in the afternoon adn swam in the pool, and that evening we got a picnic dinner and went back to the park- that's how great we thought it was! Here are a few photos:






Okay, this is my favorite picture I took at the park. It's Kinlee. I think I love this, because she was swinging high enough for me to crop the cars out of the background, but the look on her face is priceless. It's her true happy face. It's hard to capture her really smiling on camera. She has a camera face when you ask her to smile, but I love how she is truly happy and smiling in this picture.

2 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

I love the Kinley picture too! SO great!

Cherice said...

Thanks for capturing the beautiful smile Kinlee has. We get to see it a lot at home, but like you rarely capture it on film. Good job!