Monday, January 26, 2009

The 80's Party...


Our friend, Natalie, turned 40, and was thrown a huge surprise party. Everyone was suppossed to dress 80's. It was so much fun. Everyone who went - and dressed up - and danced - said it was the funnest night they have had in a LONG time! We all laughed to think what our kids would think if they saw us. It was complete with Karaoke, a fog machine, food, balloons, and thrown in a funeral home. It was awesome. My only disappointment of the night: I couldn't get my bangs to stand up straight anymore. Who would've thought? NO amount of hairspray was going to make it happen...oh well, I curled them under, and I still looked 80's, so that had to do. I was also wearing jellies. You can't see them in any of the pictures. It was like a normal junior high dance. The girls danced in the middle. The guys stood around outside the circle and watched. It was awesome. Even TROY was in the ELVIRA Karaoke group...imagine that...Anyways, I have an overload of photos...it was so hard to get great pictures with the fog machine...I tried...a lot of these pictures either speak "80's" to me, or just set the mood for the night...THANKS FOR A SPECTACULAR NIGHT. We all kind of laughed, because there are so many different ways you could dress up for the 80's. Preppy. Rocker. Miami Vice. It was a BLAST. I know, I know, I just can't say enough great things. OH, and I don't even know if I got a picture of Natalie. With the fog, I didn't have my camera out much. I think she was changing every time I had it out. Check this out...her parents brought ALL of her old prom dresses. After 7 kids, she still fit into them MARVELOUSLY! Every 1/2 hour, she would go put a new one on. That is why I think I missed her...SORRY NAT!











5 comments:

Memory said...

Oh, man! My kind of party! Everyone looked GREAT! Too bad about the bangs...ha! But you did manage to find a scrunchie, I see. Long live the '80s!

Emily said...

What fun pictures- thanks for sharing!

Tycksen Family said...

I love the "feet" shot. THanks for taking pictures...you captured some great shots. Thanks for coming!!

Piano Mom said...

What a fun night!

Trisha said...

Scary!!! But this looks like a fun party!