Thursday, January 15, 2009

El Cam's


I saw an El Camino yesterday. Seriously, I'm not kidding. When was the last time you saw an El Camino...running? My friend, Jared, drove one in High School. This El Cam was in my neighbors driveway...I have so many rude things I could say...but...I'll leave it at that!

This is a photo of the car I drove in High School. This is a photo of a photo - bad quality, I know - but you get the point. This is me after seminary and before school(early morning seminary-for anybody who is confused). It was tacky tourist day that day. Fun Times at BHS. My Great Grandparents drove it before I got my hands on it. A few fun "memories" of the car:

1. I think one night after a football game we fit 15 people inside.
2. It took REGULAR gas.
3. You turned the headlights on with a button. Located on the floor. That you pushed with your left foot.
4. It was like having 2 couches in a vehicle.
5. It had a 450 engine. I beat many a vehicle off the line...with much encouraging from friends.
6. I was called "Jeeves" while driving it.
7. In the winter - in California - I had to let it warm up for 10 minutes before it would drive.
8. It only had an am radio station. I know ALL the old skool country songs by heart.
9. Oh yeah, Michael and his friend took it on a joy ride while me and my mom were at girls camp and wrecked it - naturally not a scratch on my car. I think we dubbed her, "Big Bertha".
10. The blinkers were ON TOP of the hood.
11. Oh, there has got to be many more things I'm forgetting about...any friends that have graced it's seats that have some sweet memories?

1 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

SWEET wheels!! I think you beat me. I had an '81 Mazda 626 named Flossie with ailing peeling seats and a blown head gasket. I think it's a must do for kids to drive a humble car :).