Friday, January 02, 2009

My family...

The best part of Christmas was that my WHOLE family was here to celebrate. When I say WHOLE, I mean my 3 brothers, and Maria (Mike's wife - heavy with child - okay, not quite heavy, but with child). We literally hung out at my parents constantly. We would come home to sleep and shower but that's it. We played the Wii, games, went sledding, shopping, bowling, movies, dinner for Troy's birthday, etc...It was super fun...While all of the adults (pretty sure some of us shouldn't be called adults) were together in Korea in April, our whole family hasn't been together in 2 years. As Mike and Maria were headed out the door to drive home, we decided to hurry and do a family picture. I MADE my family go outside in front of the snowman. They all complained. Yeah, I know, my family complain? NEVER! Here we are, in all our glory! I love this picture. I love it because it is us! NO fake cheesy smiles, no posing, just Jake making faces, Kyle with his squinty camera smile...I ran into place after pushing the timer button (a wireless remote is in my future) yes, with my broken foot, in 12 inches of snow...That's my family! Love you ALL!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

The last time I saw your family was in Bakersfield...an eternity ago. Your family is adorable. And I'm so sorry to hear about your toe...what a bummer of a Christmas present!

The Thomas Family said...

You and your many talents Jen. What a wonderful family picture!!!

Tycksen Family said...

Love it! And I bet everyone is glad ..now that they have the picture :). Oh, the picture on my blog is a bathroom at a cabin...girls bathroom..2 stalls. :)