Saturday, January 10, 2009

Home Decor

I STINK when it comes to home decor. I'm serious. I finally had to decide that what is important to me, is my photos. So, I have tried to incorporate photos into my decor, and that is basically, all that my decor is. I have a LONG way to go, and still have 2 very large empty walls...but all in time...I am VERY scared of color. I can't figure out what color I like, so I just leave it neutral. Oh well, I figure if there is not something that I LOVE, it's better off not to have it. I have also learned that an 8x10 photo is JUST NOT BIG ENOUGH. It's true. I promise. I have made a bunch of enlargements for my house, printed on metallic matte paper, and I have them in my house on easels, or frames, or whatever...I LOVE THEM! I HIGHLY suggest metallic paper, as well as LARGE prints. The smallest print in these photos that are not in frames, is an 11x14. I LOVE THEM. Sorry, pretty sure I already said that...I am dreaming of a few gallery wraps...but all in time...Here is what I have now...This is the wall I finished most recently. The family photo is a 16x20. The two prints - one the Articles of Faith, and the SLC Temple the outside of the frames are 17x23. You can buy them here. THe metal accent I bought in Arizona, and the clock I got at Target on clearance for $3.00. I need to distress the clock, so that it's not so white. One day...
This is the top of the entertainment center. You can see fingerprints on the tv - sorry, it drives me CRAZY! I have these prints propped up with things behind them. I think behind one of them is a can of pineapple juice...it works!
The two photos above are on top of the wall that seperates the kitchen and the living room. I LOVE this. It's kind of an akward space, so I LOVE my photos here...BIG!
This last bulletin board I just finished. I made it. I got the frame on clearance, for $10. Then I got fabric, and ribbon and covered it. I wanted a place to put some of my photos that I could swap out easily. I think it's cute. It was fairly cheap as well!

My reasons for posting about my home decor are:
1. I'm supposed to have emailed Erin pics a long time ago - this is just as easy
2. I want to remember - or in 10 years, see how styles have changed
3. I want people to realize how GREAT enlargements look!
4. Just for me...

10 comments:

Kari said...

I love it! But I have questions about some of it...metallic paper? We can't wait for you guys to get here! So fun!

Pricilla said...

So cute! I will get there too...some day...maybe...I bought frames and had prints made too, but I just haven't done anything yet.

Cari Sorensen said...

SOOOO cute Jen! You did such a great job!

Memory said...

Oh, man. I wish I were HALF as bad at home decorating as you are!! Goodness! That looks amazing and now I'm all sorts of depressed about having NO skills in this area. :-)

Trisha said...

I think it looks great. You need to come and help me at my house and take cute pics of my kiddos!

Piano Mom said...

Love it! I think you did a great job of pulling things together.

The Peterson Bunch said...

OK, you're house has always looked like something out of a magazine... super stylish! :) You are very good at what you do! I love it! You totally have to help me with my decor! :)

delilas said...

I love that you actually get done what you see you want. I have an idea and it goes out of fashion before I get it implemented into my home. Oh well such as life, right. Love ya!

Camille said...

Oh please - everything looks SO good! I need to add more pics around - they look great! I can't believe how fast your kids are growing up!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

OOOOOOH! LOVE LOVE LOVEIT!