Friday, January 16, 2009

Halloween 2008

I just realized I hadn't posted Halloween photos of the kids. Here they are...in all their glory.

Kyle HAD to be a jedi. I couldn't bring myself to spend $75 on a costume, so my mom made this. The funniest part, was that my mom gave him HER boots to wear. She told him they were Jedi boots. They had a tiny wider heel, and I thought it was hilarious. He was so excited. Hopefully it made up for his crappy costume last year!

Kristin HAD to be Fancy Nancy. If you haven't read those books, they're a must read. I kept taking her picture, and she kept making this face. It was driving me crazy! I finally realized that she was copying the expression that Fancy Nancy was making on her little crown...silly girl...such a poser!

Jake had just recently learned to ride his bike, and wanted to be a bicycle rider. When I saw this Motocross costume for $9 at Walmart, I was sold. Don't you just LOVE Jake's choice of shoes? To school he wore black sweats under his costume, so it didn't look so short...this photo shoot was the dress rehearsal.

Haley got stuck being a chicken. It was convenient, warm, and stinking cute! The cutest part was that she was also wearing her squeeky shoes. It was funny to see this little chicken walking down the street squeeking with each step. Haley didn't enjoy that people would allow their dogs to greet the kids at the door. She came away screaming a few times. It was so funny, but I can realize her terror. Could you imagine a dog, bigger than you, staring you right in the face? She had every right to be frightened!

This was a wonderfully warm Halloween night. The warmest Halloween I can remember since Kyle's first one, in Vegas.

I know, I know, I'll get in Valentine's mode...

3 comments:

The Peterson Bunch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Peterson Bunch said...

They are so cute! I love how you put the description of what each of them were next to them! So clever, and that makes it scrapbook easy!
---
I had written this exact same thing, but then I realized my grammer was incorrect... Is it "each of them WAS wearing" or "each of them were wearing"?...help! I guess this would be the correct way:
"I love how you put the description of what each of them was, next to them!" right?

ManicMandee said...

Great blog Jenn! Now are you a runner too? And we don't live too far from each other. Pretty cool. So nice to see you online today.