Monday, September 03, 2007

BYU Football

Yep, it's time again! Football Season. Hmmm...don't know how I really feel about it. Saturday morning was Christmas morning to Troy. I think he actually woke Kristin up (instead of vice versa). He's so happy to be here to go to the games. Unfortunately, I think that was a key factor in us moving here. I am happy it makes Troy so happy, but I do hate how it consumes life. When we lived out of state, he would call around to sports bars to find who was playing the BYU game for that day. He would miss out on sleep (due to working graveyard) to watch games. (I know some of you are laughing, but I also know some of you go through the same thing with your husbands!) So, it's a big deal that he has tickets this season. It's been 8 years since we have lived in Utah and gone to football games. We have 3 season tickets to the games. We got 3 so that Troy could take the boys. I used one of my dad's tickets on Saturday so we could go as a family. BIG MISTAKE! I'm really glad we only got 3 season tickets, instead of 5. It was SO hot! It had to be at least 95 degrees during the whole game. Our seats were in the NorthEast Corner, so NO CHANCE OF SHADE THE WHOLE GAME! I had Haley in the pack. After sitting for all of 10 minutes in the sun, I went to find my dad's seats, over on the Cougar Club side. (In the shade). So, with Haley in the pack, hauling a HUGE diaper bag, and holding Kristin's hand, we made it to the complete opposite side of the field, and went up all the bleachers and found our seats. It was so crowded over there! Kristin sat on my uncle's lap for a bit, but it was too uncomfortable to stay for too long. So, I headed back down to find Troy. When I found him (halftime), I promptly took the car keys, instructed him to get a ride home with Cherice, and took the girls and walked the mile to the car (still in 95 degree heat) and headed home. Troy said he and the boys had a great time. Troy's family has at least 20 tickets all together, so they all sat together, and had a blast. I'm glad they'll have the opportunity to do that for the next 5 games. I will be at home. (Except for the BYU v UTAH game, I will have to get a sitter - I would like to go to that game...not with my girls though!) Anyways, I did manage to get a few pictures.
Here are the group of family seats...who can you pick out?
I do think Haley was the cutest Cougar fan there! It was wear Blue day. I wanted to get the girls cute BYU PINK shirts. Troy said absolutely not, they had to wear blue. (It's his one thing he can be picky about - so he got his way) So, I got Haley a headband. Notice how all the kids cheeks are pink. This is what they looked like after walking from the car to the stadium. I found a tree to sit under to cool down before we headed into the game. Troy went to buy water for us to guzzle before we went into the stadium. You're not allowed to take anything in. SO IRRITATING! They made us dump out Haley's bottle because it had water in it! Then, when you get into the stadium, lines are forever long (literally - there are probably people still there waiting in line) to fill up their water bottles. We did learn a little sneaky trick. They check your backpacks, but not your pockets. So, we packed our cargo shorts pockets (Troy's and mine) with graham crackers for Haley and treats for the bigger kids. Come on BYU, there has got to be a better way! More drinking fountains? That are easier to fill water bottles quickly?
Here is one last picture I took right before I left. All the boys are pretending they are cougars. (They are clawing at the camera) So, football season is here...all I can say is, Go Cougars!

2 comments:

Pricilla said...

wow jen you are a trooper. That was a lot of work.

Unknown said...

You are way nice!! I think I feel the same way about bringing kids to those types of things as you do about camping! Glad things turned out as well as they did!