Thursday, September 20, 2007

Mount Timpanogas

The day that I left, Troy hiked Mount Timpanogas with a few guys from the ward. They have been talking about doing it since July 24. In the end, 3 men, and 2 of 1 of the men sons really went. From what I remember hearing, it is an 18 mile hike roundtrip. Troy and Alan went to the saddle (forgive my mountain climbing terms...definately not my thing) (1.75 miles shy of the 18 miles)while Steven and his boys went to the peak. I MADE Troy take the camera. No, not my new one, my old one, but it is definately not a small, lightweight camera for today's standards. He looked at me like I was crazy, but I INSISTED! (complete with a change of batteries :)) I told him it was a huge thing he was doing, and we would have pictures of it. So, he called me from the top, and I asked if he was taking pictures. He assured me he did. Here they are...a few of them anyways...




Alan Vawdrey is in the middle picture. Troy said he did great...led the pack! So, Troy has now hiked the mountain. I don't think he has plans of doing it again! You never know...I am not a hiker, I have NO desire to do this! Troy has made a showing on the top for our family!

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Gosh, who's that handsome fella in the middle picture? Glad to see he was actually still smiling at that point. I found out that the old mileages that I had on my tag are actually incorrect - the total miles to the top is more like 7.5, making the round trip 15ish. Alan and Troy did something in the neighborhood of 13. I still can't believe Troy did it after being up all night.......crazy!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Yeah Troy!! You are amazing!! I am with you Jen....you couldn't pay me enough.

Pricilla said...

Wow that last one looks like a painting. I always wanted to hike Timp, and I can't believe I moved out of Utah before I did!