Thursday, September 06, 2007

Cards

So, a few months ago, Erin (my business partner, and best friend - link on the right - Fonnesbeck Family) told me she was invited to be a part of a card exchange. Basically you make 60 of the same card (or 3 sets of 20) and you exchange them with 19 other people, and you come away with a bunch of different cards. The only rule was that 20 cards had to be Birthday cards - since they are the most used. I told her I wanted in. So, I thought I was going to be so good, and have my cards done a month ago. Ummmm...no. The party is Tuesday in Las Vegas. I had to mail my cards to Erin so she could take them to the party for me. So, I just finished them last night at midnight so I could mail them today. UGH! Why did I do that to myself. I am just not card savvy. I know you think I'm just being modest, but I'm not. I am not a card person. Reason: Why spend a ton of time and money on something that you have to give away to someone who will probably just throw it away? Also, it is very hard for me to come up with ideas! In scrapbooking, you have a photo to work with and you get to keep it! (I know, I'm selfish!) Cards - nothing! So, I got a card magazine, and pretty much copied (not exactly) one that I saw. The Happy Birthday one with the flower on it(complete with matching envelope). After this one, I thought how on earth am I going to come up with 2 more ideas? Then, I came across 11 extra of my last years Christmas card! SWEET! I only had to make 9 more! Then, I couldn't really put my family picture in it, so I added some hot chocolate. I told Erin she has to tell them they can add a gift card, or photo, or whatever. Then, I went to Cherice's and asked her if she had any SIMPLE ideas. She goes to a stamp/card party every month. She brought me a card, and a stamp set. I tweeked it a bit, and got this "Big Thanks" card. Anyways...WHAT WAS I THINKING? I'm hoping to get all of these great cards, and end up being so happy I did it! Oh, since I have a few cute cards, and hate writing in them, cause then they will get thrown away, I have started writing on a post-it and sticking it in the card. That way, it can be given away to someone else...it helps ease my mind that time spent making a cute card is worth it...

4 comments:

Cheney Family said...

Those are some great cards for them being last minute. You are so creative!!

Unknown said...

They are way cute! You did a great job!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Completely love them and know that mine will not match yours! But you know...I can always switch my cards for yours and say that I made yours and you made my stinky ones. Haha.

ps - you are my best friend too. ;)

Pricilla said...

Those are beautiful. I love the post it note idea too. If I ever make a card worthy of reusing (yeah right) I will have to do that. I especially love the birthday card