Sunday, September 09, 2007

Girl's Night and Curlers

On Friday night, my dad took Kyle and Jake with him up to Sundance to take his dogs on a hike. Afterwards, they went back to his house and played with the puppies until 10:30 at night! (The puppies have 1 week until they get sold.) So, since Troy is back working graveyard, Kristin and I decided we would have a girl party. Her and Haley took a bath, then Kristin wanted sponge curlers put in. We haven't done curlers in her hair in a long time. So, while I put them all in, she watched a new Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Halloween DVD and then fell fast asleep! Early the next morning, she woke me up, all worried because a few of her curlers came out! We did her hair, added goop, and spray, and then, I had to take pictures before we headed to soccer games. She kind of reminded me of Darla in The Little Rascals (the recent movie that came out in the 90's - I guess if the 90's is recent...) Lately, she has been doing her fake smile, which I can't stand, so Troy got her to smile and be herself! YEA! Anyways, here are the pictures of my cute little girl! (Don't worry...at times, looks can definately be deceiving!)

8 comments:

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Love em! Where's the brick? Its cute! The first smile is so great.
Way to go - they are realy great ones!

Jen said...

It's the brick on my house...nothing specatacular...

Lewyville said...

you don't know me...I'm a friend of Erin's. I wanted to ask you for detailed instructions on how you did your little girls hair. I have tried to do that with my little girl and it never looks that good. She is adorable and YES she does look like Darla. I rented that movie for my kids this last weekend...big mistake. I can't believe the things I have heard come out of their mouths since watching it...time to whip out the soap for a good mouth washing.

Jen said...

I part her hair, and then I use the big pink ones for the front, about 4. I roll them like you're curling it under. I don't put a lot of hair in these ones. Then, in the back, I use the green ones (second biggest). I do two rows across the back and along the sides. Then, the next morning, I pull them out. If the ones in the back are too tight of curls, I put a bit of water on my fingers and work my way through seperating curls. I never comb her hair all the way out. I try to seperate the curls a bit with my fingers, but that's it. I add palmade to the ends, and then spray away! I think the tip is not to comb through it. Just seperate with your fingers! Good Luck!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

Jill - you didn't like Little Rascals? Am I a heathen mother because I love it? I think it's the greatest! :)

Cheney Family said...

So cute!! She looks like a little angel!! Your right she does look like Darla!!

Lewyville said...

Thanks for the directions! I think my biggest problem is that my little girl doesn't have as much hair!
Erin- That's why I rented the movie for them, I thought it was adorable until I heard my 5 and 7 year old repeating lines from the movie to each other (they weren't nice)!

Pricilla said...

How precious. You take great pics and your kids are very good models for you. I wish Eden's hair would stinkin grow so I can do fun things. Oh the possibilities...