Monday, October 01, 2007

I forgot...

I forgot to brag about Troy for a minute. He planned something for my birthday. I know, some of you may be thinking, why are you blogging about this? Here's the scoop...

On Thursday afternoon, Troy called and got tickets to dinner and a play(The Sound of Music) in Provo, lined up a babysitter (confident, he got the tickets first - Thanks Beau and Allisun, and Cherice too, oh, and my parents for letting Jake spend the night!) for Friday night, for my birthday. What's the big deal? This is the FIRST time in 10 years of marriage, that Troy has planned something, lined up a sitter, bought the tickets, had everything taken care of for any event! I KNOW! MIRACLES HAPPEN! I don't think he got the reaction from me that he would have liked, but I think I was just stunned! I really was so happy and excited about it - even though my reaction was probably deer in the headlights. Troy is famous for thinking of things, and then telling me about them, but never carrying it out. For example: he told me he was going to get a cake and have a surprise party for me after RS Conference Saturday night. He told me Friday night he was thinking of doing it, and then never did. Beau and Allisun happened to be there when Troy told me about the idea that he wasn't going to do, so they brought a cake over Saturday night! (THANKS by the way!)

So, we had a fun night out on Friday night for my Birthday. I have come to realize, that it doesn't matter what we do, for a night out, just a night out and alone is a celebration in itself! So, I think we're going to try to go to little plays more often. Anyone in?

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That is so fun! I believe in miracles! I'm glad you were able to have some fun for the big day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

delilas said...

Troy, I'm so glad that you are breaking the cycle. There is hope for the next generation. Jen, at least you did not have to wait until you turned 60. LOl So fun, luv ya all. :D

Nurse Heidi said...

LUCKY!! Gosh! Now send some of those vibes my way!