Monday, October 29, 2007

Trunk or Treat

On Saturday night, we crashed Kenny and Cherice's ward Trunk or Treat. The reason being: Troy is working on Halloween night, and both of my parents will be out of town - SO, I'm pretty much on my own. I thought if the kids got lots of candy at a Trunk or Treat - someplace that was safe, fast, happened to be warm, and easy to control my kids - they wouldn't be SO disappointed if we only made it to a few houses on Halloween night. So, the kids were done in about 8 minutes. Kyle wanted to be Zorro(he's never even SEEN Zorro). I feel bad for the kid, because he decided the night before Haley had her surgery, and we couldn't get him a costume for his school party soon enough (since he's off track during real Halloween), and I couldn't find a Zorro hat. So, he walks around with a black cape and a mustache. He told me, Mom, my costume is crappy. I felt pretty bad. Then, he said, I won't be Zorro, I'll just be a black man. I got a good chuckle out of that one. I promise, next year, he will have the BEST costume ever. None of my kids could possibly be having surgery...(keep all fingers and toes crossed). Jake is spiderman and takes his costume on and off at least 20 times a day. He's so dramatic, he runs around the house fully thinking he IS Spiderman. Jake will turn 5 in 2 weeks from tomorrow...I can hardly believe it...Kristin was EASY. She wanted to be a princess. So, she went down to the playroom and got a princess dress, and is completely happy wearing it. She doesn't care if it's new, or anything. LOVE that girl. Haley is a strawberry. Leftover from Kristin. She sure is a cute little strawberry. Here are a few pics I got at the trunk of treat. I LOVE my camera. It even took great pictures in the dark! Here is a photo of Haley sitting in the back of Kenny and Cherice's car.

Here is a picture of the kids on the grass outside of the church. They're still really funny, because so many kids were going around and around and getting so much candy. After 5 minutes, they said, we're done, let's go home! I was all for that! Just for the record, this is the first year that my kids had crappy costumes...I will try my darndest not to repeat it!


OH! A family in our ward apparently has an incredible amount of Halloween decor(they just bought a hearse - just for decor), SO, someone nominated them to have a live show on Halloween morning from Good Day Utah. They are in need of neighborhood kids to go hang out at their house at 5:45 am and they will be on TV. So, I figured I would take the kids - crappy costumes and all. It will be all the festivities Troy will be able to attend on Halloween, so if you have DVR, record or watch Good Day Utah (not sure what channel - or even if it's called Good Day Utah) and watch for us. We were told they would do 4 live feeds between 6-7am on Halloween morning. For those of you outside of Utah, I will post the link from the station so you can see us, in all our splendor - after the fact. When we told Jake he was going to be on TV, he said, "YEAH! Arwen will be able to see me." We had to explain to him that she wouldn't, because only people in Utah will see it. So, we'll have to try to put it on the blog - just for Arwen. WARNING: I am dressing up in a robe - over my clothes. It's warm and an excuse not to be completely put together at 5:45am. (Does anyone NEED an excuse not to be put together at 5:45am?) Have a Happy Halloween!

Oh, an update on Haley. She had a fever for a few days, and then I noticed on Sunday, this horrible rash all over her. We don't bathe our kids everyday, cause their skin is still getting used to dry Utah, so I don't know how long she's had it(it couldn't have been more than 24-48 hours. I do change her onesie quite frequently). I know, that sounds bad, but she really is clean - most of the time. I wasn't worried about the rash, many times before my kids have had viral rashes/fevers. (Dont' worry, I know what to watch for) I just let it run it's course...come on, I can't pay another Co-Pay! I could handle this on my own! I didn't notice the rash today. She did learn this new cry. It's REALLY irritating. Troy thinks it's funny...but he didn't have to hear it all day - she kind of adds a growl to it - just to emphasize her irritation of not being held. Oh, Haley learned how to go DOWN stairs. It's awesome. She's been going up the stairs for quite sometime. She's been pretty smart and has stayed away, not even trying to go down. We've been trying to teach her. She's still really nervous, but she does good. With how our house is, I was worried I was going to have to buy 5 more gates. But, not stressing, and teaching her how, was much better! Now, I have nothing to worry about. I'm pretty sure ALL of my kids have fallen down a flight of stairs AT LEAST once - so, I'm sure Haley will take her turn.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your kids look darling actually. At least they dressed up. We always have trick or treaters that don't even dress up. I think they look great!

Pricilla said...

Cute kids! I am the same with stairs. I just let them learn early and don't even mess with gates anymore, but they eventually fall at least once. I think it is inevitable. If it makes you feel any better, we don't bathe our kids every single day either unless they need it.

Unknown said...

So cute! Arwen would love to see Jake on TV! Haley sounds like she has roseola or something...poor baby! I remember my doc saying that even after all the symptoms are gone, they are still really grouchy because their bodies are still really sore and tender! Tell that girl to STOP getting sick!!

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

That costume that Kinley is wearing is Elyse's same costume I think! A rooster? Your kids don't look crappy at all! Those are great costumes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I had to tell you that I saw your kids on TV. They look even cuter LIVE. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Bethany said...

You're so funny, worrying about their costumes. I could just eat little Haley. You'll have to ask Kyle & Jake if we can have their autographs, now that they're famous. So cute!