Monday, October 01, 2007

It's Official...

I'm old. I turned the big 3-0 yesterday. WIERD! Do I feel any different? No. Just another day. We headed off (with the fam) for a weekend trip to Vegas. My parents used their points and got us a fabulous condo. Complete with a full kitchen and jacuzzi tub! We have 3 nights here. I am excited to do nothing. Go to parks, go swimming, watch movies...just relax...kinda a make-up vacation from San Diego being cancelled. What did I do on my birthday(besides receiving tons of calls from family and friends)? One of my favorite things...get family pictures taken. We had a professional do it! (Thanks, Erin!) Well, the act of getting the photos taken is definately not my favorite, but I love having the photos! You'll have to wait and see the family one around Christmastime. I had her take a few of Troy and me. Since, in 1 month, we will have been married for 10 years! I keep thinking that there is no way the next 10 years can compare with the last.



In the past 10 years, I have:

been happily married

lived in 5 different states

gave birth to 4 beautiful kids - 2 being c-section

started 2 businesses (both flourishing)

bought a home

moved across the country - twice in 6 months

met and befriended so many great people

gained numerous brother and sister in laws

the list goes on and on...

Here is a photo of Troy and I.



Troy would like me to point out my smoking hot 'younger' husband. (His birthday is in December).

My kids have had a hard time with me turning 30. They can't figure out why I am 30, older than dad, but he is taller. They think that taller means older...no matter how we try, they can't grasp the concept...all in time, right?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!! I was going to call...and obviously forgot by the time I was kid-free! I hope your day was wonderful!!!!

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN! As someone who has been 30 for a few months you will find that it isn't as bad as we make it to be. Just another year old and another year wiser ;)
Hope you had a great day.

Cheney Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a great day. I like the picture. Very nice!

delilas said...

Happy Birthday Jen! You are almost my age! Have a great time in VEgas relaxing. :D

Allisun said...

Nice picture. It looks exactly like you both. I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Pricilla said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you are having a fun trip. Wow you have done a lot in the last 10 years.

Erin Fonnesbeck said...

WOW!!! What a great photo! And are Troy's eyes really that blue? :) I love it! Let me know who the photographer is! I want her number.

It was fun to see you on your birthday!!! 30 isn't so bad.

Jen said...

Troy's eyes really are that blue! Lucky dog! That's where Kyle gets his eyes!

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Jen! Dang we're gettin old...

Bethany said...

So cute you little love birds!