Monday, October 01, 2007

Tagged...

I hate these things. (No offense, Allisun...) Let me clarify...I hate doing them, but I enjoy reading them about other people...so, here goes...

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just turned 20, was going to Bakersfield College, working at Flying J, and getting ready to marry Troy

What were you doing 5 years ago?
I had just turned 25. I was a month from having Jake. It was pretty close to the time I had a complete breakdown trying to sew a dumb blanket for a humanitarian service project...it was then that I realized it was better to be blatantly rude and say no and that just because you're a member of the Relief Society does not mean you can sew. (Thank heavens to the Nelson's who helped me finish the dumb blanket...I feel bad for the poor person who received mine...) Anyways, if you didn't catch that...If someone says they are bad at sewing...believe them and don't guilt them into contributing to a humanitarian service project... Troy trembles whenever I mention pulling out a sewing machine...

One Year Ago. . .We were in Virginia. Doug and LeeAnn were visiting, and we went to Ocean City, MD, and had a SUPER time!

Yesterday. . . I turned 30. Drove to Vegas, took family photos, went to a park with Fonnesbeck's...FUN!

5 snacks that I enjoy. . .
Oh, it depends on the mood.
1. Brownies are nice (on a Sunday evening usually)
2. Ritz crackers and cheese
3. ICE water (HAS TO BE SO COLD!)
4. Ben and Jerry's Berried Treasure Sorbet - YUMMY - and milk free!
5. Microwave popcorn (although I've heard it could kill me...)

Five things I would do with a million dollars...
1. Buy a bigger nicer house in a better circle (neighbors without dogs)
2. Take all of my family to Hawaii - and take family pictures on the beach (that means Erin and her fam would have to come too - I need a good photographer)
3. Buy Troy a nice car - blue, of course
4. Cruise Europe
5. Pay for all of my kids to go to college

Five places I would run away to. . .
1. Kauai
2. Erin's house
3. Greece (I LOVE Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants movie...)
4. New York City at Christmastime
5. ?????The beach, in a warm place...

Five TV shows I like...
These are my ALL TIME favorites
1. Alias
2. Friends
3. The Amazing Race
4. Seinfeld
5. Everybody Loves Raymond
6. Grey's Anatomy (my secret pleasure!)

Five things I hate...
1. Cleaning/Ironing
2. Running (I like to walk, and I even bought a book "How to be a Runner" but I just found out that I really HATE running)
3. Fish
4. Hiking
5. Animals (no, I'm definately not a member of PETA)

I didn't "TAG" anyone else...if you would like to do it, GREAT!

3 comments:

Nurse Heidi said...

Hee hee, glad to see that I've instilled some fear in you about microwave popcorn ;). And I realize that I too hate running, but alas I still forced myself to run 1/2 a mile of my 2 mile stint on the treadmill tonight. On the bright side it no longer hurts as much as it used to....

Glad to see that you're having a fun vacation, and I hope your birthday was fabulous. Keep an eye out for the next unsuspecting recipient of the dead cat.

Allisun said...

I hate doing them too Jen. I don't know if I've ever answered one in my life, but I have two reasons for doing it and sending it on. First, I like reading them about other people, so I thought it was my turn. Second, I wanted something to read on people's blogs (you know that's how I spend part of my day), and I got some good reading out of it.
Thanks for taking the time to do it. It's always fun to learn about other people. Even your sister who you think you know so well.

Jen said...

I'm always glad after I do them. At least I have this info for my posterity now...now everyone will know I pretty much dislike animals and running! ;)